How to Make Graphics in Google Sheets
If you are accustomed to using Graphics to report data to your boss, then you need to learn a tutorial on how to create charts with Spreadsheets. The graph itself is one for the presentation of data and information that uses graphics as a communication medium.
So, in this article we will guide you by giving steps to use Google sheets to create graphs easily.
1. Open Sheets on Google Sheets
Google sheets are part of your Google Drive. So when you want to access Google Sheets, make sure you have signed in via Gmail or Google Drive. Or you can enter the link https://sheets.google.com in your browser then sign in.
2. Click Blank to Create a New Sheet
when you have successfully entered into Google Drive, then select New select Google Sheets, then click Blank Spreadsheets. Add your data into a spreadsheet. Or if you already have data in a spreadsheet then open your data and proceed to step number 3 “Block Data”.
3. Block the data that you NEED
- Method 1:
Select and block the data you only need by clicking cell A1 then pressing shift while clicking cell E9.
- Method 2:
Select and block data from the top column or header. The trick is to press the column header with Alphabet A hold and drag your cursor to column E. So, the last row will be blocked all. The advantage of using this method is that when you add data to the line below (for example line 10), your chart will automatically be updated.
4. Select Insert and Click Chart
This tab is at the top of the line next to other menus such as File, Edit, View.
5. Select the type of graphic you want to create
Click the “Chart type” box at the top of the window, then click a chart format in the drop-down box that appears. The chart in the middle of the page will change to reflect your selection. After you click the chart, you will be redirected to the “Chart editor” menu. There is a “Chart Type” box that contains several choices of chart types namely Line, Area, Column, Bar, Pie, Scatter, Map, and others. Select and create the graphics you need.
6. Copy your graphic into the report
In this example I made a graph in the form of a pie. To share the graph, you can select the share button. Meanwhile, if you want to add these graphics to Google Docs, you only need to click pie and copy paste to your Google Docs sheet.
How easy is it right to make graphics on Google Sheets? Many companies have felt the benefits of using G Suite for work productivity with (Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Forms, and Google Slides). As well as the security of cloud storage systems from Google. What are you waiting for? If you do not move and make decisions, when else can increase company profits by increasing work productivity.
How to Use Sheets, Excel on Google Drive
Now, what the heck, what you can’t do using a computer? There are various features that you can use to get the job done quickly and easily. Both the use of programs and applications on the computer can help you move. If you need to do calculations through Google Sheets, but are not accustomed to using Microsoft Excel, this task might seem confusing. Therefore, here’s how to use Excel in Google Drive.
1. Create a new Google Sheet
If you want to create a new Excel document in Google Drive, start creating a new page called ‘Spreadsheet’. To create a new Spreadsheet, here are the steps:
- Open drive.google.com from your browser page
- Make sure you are logged in using a Google account
- Click New
- Select Google Sheets
- Select ‘Blank Sheets’
After selecting the menu, you will be directed to an Excel page online to be able to use Excel to calculate.
2. Save documents in Google Drive
If you’ve finished creating documents in Google Drive, how do you save them? This is the easiest and most reliable feature of Google Drive, including spreadsheets, of course. The document that you have created will be saved automatically. So, in Google Sheets there is no choice to save. After you finish the count in a document, you can immediately close the page window.
3. Search for Excel documents stored on Drive
When you open Google Drive, all documents shared will appear on the same page. To simplify the search, you can search for Spreadsheet documents through the file picker on Google Drive. In addition to using the file picker, you can also type the Spreadsheet document that you are looking for through the search box at the top of the page. Documents in the form of Sheets will appear with a green icon.
4. Download the application for editing between devices
In order to make editing documents easier, download the Google Sheets application on a tablet or phone. If you have downloaded the application on a mobile device, the editing process can be done even if it is not connected to internet connectivity. You can download all the more practical devices on Android and iOS devices. Documents stored automatically through a computer or gadget you can access easily as long as you have synchronized and connected to the internet.
Did not have time to work in groups or work on project deadlines at the office with coworkers? You can use Spreadsheets with more practical document sharing features. To share a document, you only need to copy the link (shareable link) on the document.
The access you give to people who can access documents can also be arranged. You can control whether other people can only access documents, do editing, or can only comment on documents. If you provide access to edit documents, the editing process can also be done in real time.
So, when you are opening a document, you can see who is accessing Spreadsheets at the same time. Also use the chat feature to be able to facilitate the collaboration of documents that you create. During using Google Drive, what Spreadsheets features have you tried?
Google Sheets – Create and Edit Spreadsheets Online, for Free
Make it more meaningful
Google Sheets can be used to enhance your data with colorful charts and graphs. Integrated formulas, pivot tables, and conditional formatting options save time and simplify common spreadsheet tasks. All for free. Access, create and edit spreadsheets wherever you are – from your mobile, tablet or computer – even when there is no internet connection.
Download Google Sheets
Do more, together With Google Sheets, anyone can work together on the same spreadsheet at the same time. Share with anyone
- Click share and let everyone — friends, classmates, coworkers, family — view, comment on, or edit your spreadsheet.
- Edit in real time When someone is editing a spreadsheet, you can see the cursor when they make changes or highlight text.
- Chat & comments Chat with other people directly in the spreadsheet or add comments by clicking “+” their email address and they will get a notification.
No need to press “save”
- All changes will be saved automatically as you type. You can even use revision history to view older versions of the same spreadsheet, sorted by date and who made changes.
Compatible with Excel
- Open, edit and save Microsoft Excel files with the Chrome extension or application.
- Convert Excel files to Google Sheets and vice versa.
- No need to worry about file formats anymore.
Get immediate insight
- Use the Explore panel to get an overview of your data, from informative summaries to pre-filled chart choices.
Do more with add-ons
- Enhance your Sheets experience even further with add-ons. Try the Style add-on to bring additional pop into your next spreadsheet.
Spreadsheets are ready whenever you are ready. Just create a spreadsheet through the browser or download the application for your mobile device.
- 1 How to Make Graphics in Google Sheets
- 2 How to Use Sheets, Excel on Google Drive
- 3 Google Sheets – Create and Edit Spreadsheets Online, for Free